Wednesday, December 18, 2013

kenley chronicles: Santa visit!

so, obviously we had to take Kenley to visit Santa. it's a rite of passage to get a picture on his lap once you are born. and when you become a parent, your rite of passage is to take your baby or child to get that photo, no matter what you have to do to get it. 

Santa at north park mall here in dallas is pretty legit. I saw him come back from his break and walk to his "throne" and I really thought I was seeing Santa. there is always a line. we tried three times. the first two, we would have to come back at 7 and even wait another hour or two in line. um, bedtime and no. that'd be awful. so the third time, I went at 9 am on a Tuesday morning to get a number, because you have to get a number. we were number 87 and our time to come back was 2.30 pm. 2.30 pm!!  so we went after two short naps (booo) and brought a bottle and hoped for the best. oh, plus separation anxiety these days and strangers... we had to wait an additional 30 minutes and then! the magic happened. we didn't feel like paying $18 for a 5x7, so I snapped some fast on my iPhone. but the professional's flash kept going off, plus I was under pressure, so we did the best we could. 

and here ya go:

waiting...

still waiting...

"just take the photo, quickly, please!"

uh oh. 

here it comes...

santa looks mad, but he was just reassuring her. 

but, she still wasn't feeling it. 

so then we took her to the Disney store right there. 

and let her talk to the nutcracker. 

mission: accomplished. overall, it wasn't too bad. I bet she is so excited for next year!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment