Wednesday, December 18, 2013

kenley chronicles: 7 months!

it's kenley here, again. how busy can you really be when you aren't working and only have one non-mobile child?  obviously busy enough to neglect writing about your adorable 7 month old baby. ah, well, 'tis the season!
I'm 7 months now and I can do some pretty cool things! I still have some definite likes and dislikes, but we are working on it!

* I can totally clap now. I think I know what the word "clap" means. maybe. either way, every time I do, my parents start clapping and saying things like, "yay! good job, kenley!"
*solid foods? yeah. who needs that stuff! I will eat/play with it if it's in a mesh bag. but, mostly, I will just make a mess.

* I like bananas. avocados are alright, sometimes. my parents, especially my dad, love sweet potatoes. not me. mama's always trying to give me new foods.  
*my dad is so funny! he makes me laugh a ton. I have a cute giggle! I just love him. you can tell by the way I look at him. 
*sometimes I only want my mama. it's happening more and more. what can I say? she did a lot of work to get me here! and...she has the food!

* my hair is growing! ever so slowly. slow and steady wins the race, no?

* I've been rolling for awhile, but really, just from my tummy to my back. I can roll the other way, but I just love being on my back so much, why would I? mom and dad are always trying to move my toys a little out of my reach so I have to roll to get them or crawl. but, a) I am not ready for crawling yet, b) I just arch my back and roll onto my side until I can get it. gee, I'm so clever. 

* still obsessed with my lamb. can't sleep without it! I started sucking on his arms, I love him so much. then he stared to stink. and I love to throw him on my face and kick my legs, then pull him off and snuggle him in again and hold him up and turn him around and really investigate him and then hold him with one hand and really give him a good flicking around. he is such a trooper. anyway, my face and hands started to smell like my lamb, so mom had to perform a little surgery. she cut him open, removed his voice box (aka, "boing"), put some extra stuffing in, and stitched him up again. then, she washed him. he looked and smelled like new again! she said she would put the boing back in another toy. anyway, I digress--I'm 7 months!

* I still get called a cabbage patch doll no less than twice a week. and when we are traveling? It's like twice per flight, plus the bathroom, and the security line, and waiting at the gate. and then everyone is so jmoreaaes with how good I am. but sometimes mom gets in trouble for standing with me. oops.
* I'm getting really great at grabbing things. just keep getting better! 
* my "buh" for "b" is coming along just great! I say "mmm", but not meaningful, and I kind of say "hey," more like a "huh." but I say it at all the right times, like when I am trying to get mom's attention. 

* mama finally let me sit in the shopping cart and high chair at restaurants. I thought she never would. germs! she wants to get one of those covers, but, surprise!, she hasn't done it yet. 
* hey, hey! what do ya say? I'm going to take a nap today! that's right, ya'll! I take a good morning nap (2 hours) just about everyday! mom is SO proud of me! I know it because she's usually doing jumping jacks or headstand or something crazy in the living room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment