nnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnn
oh sorry. that's just mama's head on the space bar/keyboard, crying. 6 months? really?? actually, it's taken her so long to write this, that I had to do it myself. a week and a half late.
I must admit, 6 months is pretty fun. mama says I'm taking my sweet time with all of this "developmental milestone" business. but hey, I'm too busy studying things and reading books. the world is just far too interesting to take time to figure out that whole "rolling over" garbage anyway. plus, mama wants me to be reading when I start talking, so I had to get a head start.
some of my cool new tricks and other interesting facts {pictures later}::
* I can roll over! I know I said it was garbage, but it's actually a life saver when mama tries to get me to do tummy time. sometimes I appease her and do a few minutes, maybe even 10 or more on a good day, but after awhile I just roll onto my back. now, if it's a really good day, I'll roll from back to tummy, but I get stuck 3/4 of the way. so I either hang out there, pretending like that's just what I intended to do, or I roll onto my back again, or mama or daddy will give me a little push.
*i've just about mastered sitting. kind of. in the bumbo, I'm great. with the boppy, pretty awesome. on my own, I'm working on it, I'm working on it! still pretty good, though!
*i love books!! read to me or I will read alone.
*i almost have a six pack! talk about abs of steel! I don't know why mama complains about doing ab work, I do like at least one hundred sit ups a day. you don't see me complaining, do you?!
*i weigh 14 lbs 10.5 oz. I'm in the 50th percentile for height {we are all a little surprised by that!}, 25th percentile for weight, and 10th percentile for head circumference. that doesn't help my big cheeks.
*great grandma mary, also known as ggma or gigi, got me this cute little lamb and let me tell you, I will not sleep without it. I think mama should buy another one now just in case something happens to this one. boy scouts motto: be prepared. also a song from the lion king, so I've heard.
*i'm not a fan of the whole solids food thing. I know my mama likes oatmeal, but oat cereal is totally different. I don't care if it's organic. not going to eat it. think applesauce will work? nope! but bananas, now, bananas are pretty good. I had like 4 bites!
*mama took down my swing and playmat. I just don't use them anymore.
*i am getting pretty good at peek-a-boo. I'm catching on! I know when mama or daddy say, "where's Kenley?" that they will probably say, "peek-a-boo!!" next.
*i kick my little legs on the ground allll of the time. I like the sound my heels make against the ground. It's the best at he doctor's office against that crinkly exam table paper!
*i will laugh for mama or my grandma and grandpa Kendrick when they came or other people, but no one makes me laugh quite like my daddy. he loves me so much. we are pals on the weekend.
*i love my baths!! I love splashing my legs around. and mama got me some bath toys! she even lets me sit up on my bah pad and play with them! but, she always has her hands around me so I don't tip over. always. she's so paranoid. but, gosh, it's just because she loves me so much and doesn't want to risk it.
*i'm going through a little stranger//separation anxiety. I just miss my parents and so I scream. you'd do the same if you thought your parents were gone, too!
*my cheeks are huge, I know! they're thick.
alright, enough of this. let's look at some pictures of me.
see how happy daddy makes me?
i love reading books!
farewell, play mat.
grandma and grandpa kendrick came to visit.
i'm always sitting in the bumbo while mama cooks, or if i wake up from my nap early and she's still getting ready. obviously, the latter thrills me.
kicking my legs on the doctor's table.
i love to wish everyone happy birthday to everyone!
miniature me.
i love staring out the window after i eat.
a little tipsy!





















No comments:
Post a Comment