Friday, November 15, 2013

i'm not a doll, okay? part two

miss kenley madeleine here, again. hijacking mama's blog. she's making a mess with all of her sewing stuff. i'm "sleeping." 

everywhere we go, people just go "goo goo" for me. always saying how cute I am. and of course, it makes me blush! so I flash a huge smile. then. they say it. and around here, it's usually with a nice, southern, texan accent, "aw, she looks just like a little doll!" OR "she is a little cabbage patch doll!" 

and now, for the third time, I was actually mistaken for a doll! mama was walking in the kids and baby section of h&m to look at some little hats and mittens for me {we can talk about that later}. she had previously tried on a skirt, but daddy told me to start crying whenever she attempts the dressing room to prevent her from buying anything. because of this little deal we have, mama was holding me. and pushing the stroller with her bag in it

and then this woman said, "oh! she is adorable! at first glance, I thought you were carrying a doll, which would have been a little strange! she is so cute!" 

why, thank you, lady. that would be strange if mama were carrying a doll!

I can understand being mistaken for a doll, at first glance, in a picture. but, come on people. a grown woman isn't going to be pushing a stroller and holding a doll in the airport or mall or restaurant. maybe if I am in my Halloween costume...

that is all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment