Friday, September 28, 2012

bombs away!!

okay, okay. I know I said my class isn't that funny this year, but truth is: the boy that eats about 6 crayons a day is hilarious. he has a hard time controlling his little body.
it's like: body do, don't ever think about it, mrs. hopper asks me if i did, yes i did (i am always honest) mrs. hopper sends a note home, sometimes emails mom with an explanation , mom calls/emails/comes in to talk to mrs. hopper, they always talk about what should we do, what's the new plan, lalala (which my iPhone autocorrect wanted to change to "Kalamazoo"...?)

so some events of the last.. 2 days. 

thursday:
-1, 2, 3 crayons chewed. I gave him gum. I put an extra piece in his pencil box so he would take that before chewing another crayon. Which would probably happen after recess.
so after recess, "teacher I need gum!"  
"Okay, start your work." I walk over and check his pencil box to give him the extra. Gone. but...what's this? eye shadow? really? "what is this?" 
"makeup. from my mom."
"put it in your backpack and give it to her when you get home." 
Puts it in. "I need gum."
"okay come get some."  so he comes to my desk area. chewing on something. "open your mouth." no crayons but he is hiding something under his tongue. "What's under your tongue?" Gum. 
"You owe my a yellow ticket for not telling the truth." (we try not to use the word liar.) 
brings ticket to me. returns to seat. 
"teacher I just ate a crayon. Can I have gun?"  like 2 minutes later. And you might think, oh he's so manipulative. No. he just can't control that crayon in mouth. like a baby putting everything in his mouth. 
"you already have some."  
"I accidentally swallowed it."
Oy vey. And we still went through more crayons/gum that day. 

after lunch. Still Thursday. I let everyone in and here he comes running up last. "TEACHER! I GOTTA POOP REAL BAD!"  Needless to say, I let him go that second. 

Friday:
We made applesauce. Well prepped it for the crock pot and them ate it after lunch. 
then we had a labeling activity for the applesauce. but right before..."bombs away!" 
my little friend flung some paper to the front. wait, no. is that a? yes. it's a tampon. out of the plastic. flung from the back of the classroom to the front. I bit my tongue so I wouldn't laugh. seriously. you know you'd be laughing too. then I had to be a teacher and have a chat with him about not throwing things. it's just fun for him. and come on, a little boy who loves to play sees this cotton ball thing with a parachute style string? hek yes he is throwing it!

and then after lunch today. he and some others had to finish their handwriting. letter y. and I was reading Roald Dahl's "The Twits" to the class (which we finished today and they want to read Charlie and te Chocolate Factory next but we are going to the farm in a couple weeks so we will be readying Charlotte's Web and then I have some other books I love to read and the kids love and we read Charlie in December...Christmas--chocolate, we watch polar express and drink hot chocolate, so it just works for us...me. it works for me). and their book boxes are on the desks so I couldn't see quite clearly.  so I see my little friend with his shirt off?! so I leaned past the book boxes for a better view. his shirt wasn't off...all the way. He pulled the neck down over his shoulders and you could see his whole chest.  so I said, "what are you doing?" 
"it's HOT!!" 
"I know. but you have to wear a shirt."
so he shinnies it up to look like a tube top. 
"no, bud. all the way on."

this kid makes my job so funny. and so challenging. at least we have the "butthead" name calling under control. and he didn't hit or kick anyone or play fight the last two days. this kid is little boy to a tee. and his cute little smile. I love my job. (but ask Steven. it was probably a day or two ago that I said I was ready to be done...forever. teaching is so much work!)

No comments:

Post a Comment