we were doing DEAR (Drop Everything And Read) after lunch today and one of my boys (the kid who, when asked, said he didn't have amiddle name, then said, it was his last name and said his full name as first last middle. (except his real name). we're working on that...and our letters! and writing when we should be writing...and.....a lot!)
i digress... he walks over to the side counter and leans against the drawers with his arms behind him on the counter. I asked, "boy, what are you doing?" and he said, "I'm just hangin'." And then I asked him what he should be doing and he said reading a book. this is also the kid who told me I was really pretty on Friday and then again the other day.
also, my little kiss on the cheek girl has given me one everyday this week. i think it's a new trend. as long as she's not sick!
it's green ribbon week, a.k.a. safety week! yesterday was crazy sock/shoe day. today was sunglasses day (protect your eyes!). Well, one girl had some money sign sunglasses like this:
and her twin sister had these:
except, she's neither male nor black [and hers were purple...with no frames]
and then my sweet crazy boy wore his dad's shooting glasses, so they were like speed racer looking and the lens wraps like all the way around the side. I DIED! like, I literally was sitting there looking at my kids and trying to pick who the winner was {even though the contest was only for crazy sock day...not every day!} and i saw this little kids hilarious glasses and was just dying!
oh, and my students from last year still come up and give me hugs everyday in the lunch room and yell "Hi Mrs. Hopper!!!!" whenever they see me, and then I hear "no! she got married. she was miss kendrick now she's mrs. hopper!"
well, one of my boys from 2nd grade came in and brought me an eclair for his birthday! well, i graciously accepted and then took a picture of it and then i tried to give it to like 6 different people and then i gave it to mr. garbage. [this is the kid with the funny, big head stories [here] and announcing to the class [here] and in erin and mike's wedding card [here] that he was an "n vtro" (in vitro)]
love school.
plus, we've been doing some pretty AWESOME things in our classroom. like, world's best teacher here. okay, super super super far cry. but, we're having fun.



No comments:
Post a Comment