Tomorrow's my 1st day of 1st grade. I'm going backwards in school...2nd, 1st.
Here is my new classroom. It's so much better. I have a door, of course, to the hall and another door to the playground!! I also have a giant window! Oh, it is SO wonderful. So, so wonderful!
Here's a little photo tour of my room. I tried to put it somewhat in order.
Our front door. Check-in and class jobs.
Check-in.
Jobs.
Desks and reading rug.
Back. Math Wall has moved to the cabinets.
This is a dark, dark picture. But, it is my desk and counter with paper already lined up for Monday morning!
Cubbies {yes, I covered ALL 22 of those. Like wrapping presents.} and our seasons and colors.
Word Wall. I'm in love with it. Such an improvement from last year's boring word wall on the back cabinets. Comprehension and reading strategies on the bottom, and a map "Come Sail Away" because I love maps.
Katie made this for my last year. My little office caller button was on the other wall last year, so pretty much there's a hole and I think Katie has the extra cloud to cover it up...and she's in CA.
We play "Who took the cookie from the cookie jar?" in first grade. And we'll play it on the first day tomorrow and will make a class book soon, too!
Front of the classroom.
Writing Process.
King/Queen of the Day! This board will change throughout the year.
Rules, Points, Voice Light, Centers Squares for finished work.
Behavior Chart
And the calendar wall. Crazy, crazy calendar wall.


















No comments:
Post a Comment