Monday, August 29, 2011

my school rocks

"My school rocks!!  I love school!!"

That's what I heard a little boy yell from the back of his dad's scooter on Saturday when I was getting out of my car at school {yes, on Saturday}.

I'm in 1st grade this year and it is pretty crazy.  I think I was asked about 2,395,871 times last week one of the following questions:
"Is it almost time for lunch?"
"When is lunch?"
"When are we going home?"
"Is it almost time to go home?"
"How much longer..."

You get the point.  We took some extra recesses and watched some movies.  It's a little bit of an adjustment coming from 2.5 hours of Kindergarten (which was before our 3 month summer break)!

My class is just DARLING and I looooove it!!
Here are some funny things that have happened or been said:

"Mrs. Hopper?  I love you!"


I told my kiddos there won't be school next Monday because of Labor Day.
"What's Labor?"
"It's another word for work.  A lot of people don't go to work that day and there's no school!"
Then a little girl whose mom is having a baby in like a week says, "My mom has labor!" 
something along those lines. it was hilarious, but of course, i only got it and had to email her mom for more laughs!

After telling a boy not to take his shoes off at the carpet (or in an assembly) he says, "Well, I forgot my shoe size!"
15 minutes later, we are reviewing our rules and one of them is no playing at the carpet, and I made sure I said that meant no playing with our necklaces, headbands, friends, or shoes!  He comes up to me after and says, "But, Mrs. Hopper, what if we need to know our shoe size?!"

They are so precious.  Love them!
They make life happy.
{So does Steven. Love him!!}

No comments:

Post a Comment