1. i laid kenley on the mat while I was brushing my teeth the other day and turned around to see her playing with the shower curtain. so cute. she would pull it over her face and then look at me like, "hey! look what I just discovered!"
2. operation: organize Kenley's drawers. her closet is already organized. this week, I am painting her dresser (finally).
3. and while I was working on the aforementioned task, I started getting all nostalgic and even a little teary! I threw put a few of her newborn onesies that had gotten a little too stained from that pre-milk good stuff. that was sad. {those are the onesies I threw out, the basic long sleeve white ones. look how tiny she was!!!!}
4. and then, these!!!! newborn size and they were still big for so long.
5. finally getting stuff done in Kenley's room. I made this ottoman/footstool when I was a sophomore in high school just because I wanted to. I was obsessed with that TLC show trading spaces and had 3 of their DIY/best of books. I was determined to be an interior designer. and my cool NYC-er designer cousin signed me up for a subscription of this cool design magazine and from that a deal to buy interior design home books for really cheap came and I bought 9. and then I was a teacher. and now a retired teacher turned mama.
6. hey, our dryer works. I've been hang drying clothes and having a huuuge pile of laundry to do since we moved in. so Monday I did 5 loads. and then three more throughout the week. it was sooo nice. and we finally bought a vacuum. I know. I am so disgusted it took me that long, but we got one. annnnnd while we were at it, I purchased a garment steamer so we can steam out clothes rather than iron them. better for your clothes--it won't ruin them and it will give a nice, crisp dry cleaners look.






No comments:
Post a Comment